Sunday, August 20, 2006

Hola! Preface to my Blog.

This blog will be focussed around issues of Education in India (and occassionally, around the world). My pet themes are education reform and policy, though I am very interested in the design of schools and assessment too.

This blog is slightly different in its channel of delivery from blogs in general. It will be built on 3 main planks:

1. Opinions and comments of some of the well-known names in Indian Education. There will be a gamut of representation: from Special Educators to Teachers, from Policy-Makers to Development Sector Professionals and from Researchers to Students. The aim will be to provide a 360 degree view of the Indian Education Scene over the next few months.

I expect this blog to be updated with the interviews once-a-week, every Sunday evening India Time. The first entry should be on Sunday, August 27, 2006. I am keeping the interviews limited to an entry a week to enable detailed research before I speak to each Interviewee, ensuring quality reading for you, my reader.

2. Commentary and news analysis by me, starting September.

3. News Aggregation: bringing you the best of what the blogosphere has to offer through a fortnightly collection of links to articles and news items on education.

Look forward to having you with me on this journey. If you would like to recommend names of Educationists, please do write to me at indianedutalks@gmail.com

No comments: